Sunday, January 19, 2014

What's In My School Bag & How I Stay Organized!

I have the hardest time staying organized even though I can't stand not being organized. (If that even make sense?) So today I thought I would post about the system I've found helps me stay most organized for school and also show you what I store in my bag for school!

I got this bag from H&M for Christmas and I LOVE it. It's the perfect size for all of my notebooks and binders. It has straps where you can hold it in the crook of your arm or it has a removable shoulder strap which is what I use most of the time.


 Here are some closeups of what the inside of the bag looks like. One side, there is a zippered pocket where I keep all of my pens and pencils as well as my keys and my cell phone. On the other side, there are two open pockets where I don't really keep anything other than my stapler. I'm a bit paranoid about my stuff falling out, haha.
So these are the notebooks/binder I use for my classes. I take statistics, psychology, government, and rhetoric. I only have four classes because I already have enough credits to graduate. 



I always make sure that whatever notebooks or binders I get have the pockets on the inside. This, for me, makes it so much easier to stay organized and it takes up less room although in my experience it was harder to find notebooks with the pockets on the inside. Most of mine are from staples and walmart. When I would have loose folders in my backpack, I would be too lazy to put my papers in the separate folders and then I would have papers floating around my backpack and it would drive me nuts. This way, it's much easier when the bell rings to just stick them in the same place.


I got my wallet from Target and I obviously just keep the usual stuff in there: Drivers license, debit card, gift cards, library cards, rewards cards, you name it, I have it.


I also keep in my backpack the book I'm currently reading (which I love so far and you should totally read it if you like John Green), my TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator and pens, pencils, lip gloss, mirror, and stapler.

I hope you found this helpful and you enjoyed reading! What do you keep in your bag? How do you stay organized?

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love this post too. I love to stay organized, especially my bag, and I hate the fact that most bags (despiste how f***ing expensive they are) don't have enough pockets, nor do they close securely/ in a practical way.
    I have an awesome little binder I got from a Japanese bookstore (Japanese stationery is obsessive and so creative! I have the tiniest, flattest mini stapler from that shop, too, and an awesome little pair of foldable scissors). The binder is B5 size to fit my bag, b/c 8.5x11 was a skosh too big. In the binder I have lined, quadrille & plain paper, tab separators, and zip bags attached to the rings, very orderly. I have a pen, mech pencil, eraser and highlighter from Muji.
    Do you use a pencil case? I love them and I have several... When I was a kid, one of the highlights of school shopping was choosing a new one!
    And I have a big honkin' wallet with lots of pockets, too.
    A Kipling makeup bag with 3 compartments-- I repeatedly buy Kipling makeup bags b/c they're practical, light, cute and well-made. I buy little pillboxes from Container Store & keep small amounts of hand cream or whatever inside so it stays clean and I don't have to carry a whole big tube.
    Water bottle, umbrella, extra phone battery, my own set of cutlery in a little case, and a cloth napkin... that's what I carry :-D
    Yeah, I love to be organized.

    ReplyDelete